Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Urbanista Reflections: Sharada Maddox

My FIRST Salon du Shine on December 21st 2008!!! It was held at Georgia and our guest was the owner of Georgia, Jodie Patterson (who is now a close friend and mentor). She talked about her journey from entertainment and fashion PR to owning a fabulous beauty spot in SoHo.


Oooo and we had those crazy good get 'em girls red velvet cupcakes (with Michaela's logo on them-Amazing!).


Last but definitely not least, singer-songwriter extraordinaire Gordon Chambers was there to serenade us
and we all sang in unison to the oldie but goodie, Brownstone "If You Love Me" (a song he wrote). Needless to say, it was an afternoon treat and a delight first Shine for me. 


I have to thank Nikki Baez (cultural connector extraordinaire and inspiration for Salon du Shine) for introducing me to Michaela and the other Urbanistas. In March of 2009, I later interned with Michaela AND at Georgia when I was in "professional" transition!!


My first Salon du Shine was a prime example of what this group is all about - phenomenal women, inspiration, motivation, opportunity, beauty, and support.

2 comments: